do you need shackles??

FreakJeep, the shackles on an MJ are at the back end of the springs. Your photo doesn't show me what's happening back there. Take another pic, from a lower perspective and showing the back and of the spring.

Without shackles, the suspension would tear itself apart within a few miles.

What looks like OEM MJ shackles are there in the OP's pics, left side, when you enlarge and zero in.

I was thinking the same thing, but a photo from a better angle would clarify. I am absolutely certain that THREE Comanche's did not leave the factory without shackles. I think there's just a misunderstanding as to what a shackle is.

Yes, you do need shackles. The shackles were probably robbed from your MJs to use as XJ lift shackles just before you received them. I don't see how the sheet metal hangers of an MJ would hold up to any driving without shackles.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't 90s era fords have shacle less front leaves??

for some reason an f350 is configured this way in my head :hmm: ?

Yes, F350s have shackles. They are set up with a shackle reversal from the factory.

Willy

nope this is how they were bouht all my mjs execpt one was owned by my dad and the other one was owned by my grandfather and i know the history and that none came with shackles and they worked fine ??? :dunno:

Yes, you do need shackles. The shackles were probably robbed from your MJs to use as XJ lift shackles just before you received them. I don't see how the sheet metal hangers of an MJ would hold up to any driving without shackles.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't 90s era fords have shacle less front leaves??

for some reason an f350 is configured this way in my head :hmm: ?

Yes, F350s have shackles. They are set up with a shackle reversal from the factory.

Willy

and the hangers are acually qutie thick of steel bout 1/4 mabey