INJECTOR questions

http://www.precisionautoinjectors.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=8

Anybody have a experience with these? I have an 87 2.5 TBI and I thought therer was only one injector but I am probably crazy :nuts: These are being sold in a set of 4.

-Skip

As stated, you have only one injector, but to answer the question of experience with Precision Injectors; there are many folks on here that have them--including me. They are top quality and my personal results were a 14% mpg increase, easier starting, smoother idle, and better acceleration. I know this doesn't help you, Skip, but hopefully it's good FYI for others.

I know the owner of the business and have set up a discount deal with him for my Jeep friends, so if anyone does buy from his website, be sure to use ' JEEP ' as a discount/coupon code at checkout for 10% off.

Great info Taz, thanks. Does the site offer my injector or not?

-Skip

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear on that part, but no, your injector is not offered through Precision. I believe you can get replacements through NAPA--if I remember right. The type you have does not often need replaced, and they are usually quite expensive if you have to do so.

Ok, well based on my running symptoms, it was either the injector or the cat that I "thought" to be the problem. I have a very rough idle, the whole truck shakes sometimes, for like the first 10 minutes of operation. Eagle told me this might be due to my injector not responding correctly in "loop" mode before the sensors kick in. I also have experienced a slight loss of power and a little fuel smell in the cab. I havent got around to checking the injector but I guess i will know that i know they arent cheap. I should just open the tbi and watch it under acceleration correct?

Any other input or ideas is always greatly appreciated! :thumbsup:

-Skip

Sorry they didnt offer your injector, but I'm running their 19# Ford set in my MJ... I have no compliant what so ever.. I need to get a set for my XJ,, but I'm a broke arse right now... :roll:

If you ever upgrade to a 4.0L I recommend them..