Interior light upgrade?

I remember reading on one of these sites about an upgrade for the lights on the sides by the upper seat belt attach points. However I have done quite a bit of searching and can't seem to find what i was looking for. My lights are not in the best shape and I was looking for what had already been done to either upgrade them or swap something else functional in. :hmm:

Funny, i just repaired mine today :D . The weak link is the contacts for the pivot mechanism. I only wanted them to come on with the door or headlamp switch, so I took them apart, cleaned everything and soldered a wire btwn the hot lead (center) and the grounding terminal for the door switch (obviously PAST the bulb) on the back of the lamp housing, effectively bypassing the weak link. NAPA actually had the correct bulb for them as well.

The other option I was going to do was to use WJ license plate lamp assy's. They are pretty much the right size and would only require you to use a visible screw to hold it in place. You could probably grab a pair out of a JY for a buck. They would probably be much brighter as well.