Tow hook question

I just picked up a set of tow hook brackets form an XJ at the pick-n-pull. What are the brackets between the L-brackets and the tow hook brackets in the picture? Are these supposed to be there? I don't think so, but all my manuals are at work and I can't check.

Image Not Found

hard to tell, we have just a front pic so if you supplied another pic it will help.

best bet, those look like ARB front bumper mounts to me, but I have NO IDEA where they were mounted on the jeep that you took them off of. could you describe where they were and supply more pics?

Here are some more pictures of how they were attached. These "unknowns" were between the bumper/tow bracket and frame, then the L-brackets were on the other side of the frame. What's ARB? Thanks.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Here are some more pictures of how they were attached. These "unknowns" were between the bumper/tow bracket and frame, then the L-brackets were on the other side of the frame. What's ARB? Thanks.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Looks like a home made bracket for the tow bar. It's not part of the tow hook bracket and is not needed.

Willy

It's not part of the tow hook bracket and is not needed.

Willy

Thanks, that's what I though and I installed them without those brackets.

Looks like you found a nice set of brackets. :thumbsup: I'm glad they aren't the kind that only attach with the three bumper bracket bolts. :eek:

Willy