cd player mounting kit?

this probly has been covered i don't have the time to search. alright my cd player just got stolen. probly because it wasnt mounted right. where can i get a kit? i already have the cd player. plus i always had problem with it bouncing. lucky for me they didnt find my tools behind the seat.

go to best buy and have them instal it right!!! :oops:

Its usually cheap/free with the purchase of a better quality unit... I dd this with the wifes KJ.

Mine was free with a 170$ Alpine head unit. I just had to pay for the install kit, $55 I think.

CW

If you are looking for a kit, there isnt one. if you have you factory radio brackets that is the best way to mount it up. you will probably have to drill new holes to get it on to the new radio. the other thing that a lot of people do is to dremel or cut out the opening in the dash pannel in order to fit the metal can or cage that came with the radio. I personally would rather do it with the factory mounting bracket though.

Here is another topic about it.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... highlight=

Jonathan

If you are looking for a kit, there isnt one. if you have you factory radio brackets that is the best way to mount it up. you will probably have to drill new holes to get it on to the new radio. the other thing that a lot of people do is to dremel or cut out the opening in the dash pannel in order to fit the metal can or cage that came with the radio. I personally would rather do it with the factory mounting bracket though.

Here is another topic about it.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... highlight=

Jonathan

Hey! That's a good-looking head mount on that thread Jonathan. :D

Aftermarket radios often attach with a "key" type "security" tab that locks the radio in place, you supposedly need special radio keys that slip by the left and right sides of the radio and then the whole unit pops out. the problem is that you can just make a short piece of metal do the same thing that these radio keys do in about the same amount of time, then they can steal your radio by just unplugging it.

I just installed a new radio, and I am trying to figure out what you are talking about...

The kit you can get from walmart, Advance, best buy will sell it to you - $10-15

It comes with 4 or 5 plastic frames, you only need one and the instructions will tell you which one. You snap off all the little plastic tabs that you do not need, then just slide it over the back of the radio. When you have the radio seated properly, there are meal taps or fingers that are flush with the top, bottom, and sides that you bend up with a flathead to hold it in place. It mounts in the stock location with the same two screw holes as the factory radio.

There is also a plug for $8 or so that you can wire to the back of the radio to make it a plug in deal with the car harness, or if you have already cut the harness use this guide: http://snowboard247.blogspot.com/2005/0 ... -info.html

It is really easy, I installed a new pioneer unit in about an hour in the driveway, that included two new speakers as well.

edit: I did not dremel or drill anything, and with all the radios I have used, if you leave the trim ring off the front you will not need to cut the dash panel either. Looks really good, I will try to get a picture if you want it.

Just put a radio in the Mild build. Nothing great but I for one don't like to hack the bezel, so I used the factory mount and put it behind the bezel. Not the best fit but functional.

Not to shabby for a $20 JY special. :brows:

:cheers: